Aerospace Source Inspector
Must have Mechanical or Electromechanical Hardware or both is even better!
Aerospace is a must and have worked as a Source Inspector directly with suppliers!
Pay $33-$55 an hour PLUS Any Travel Costs!
Full Time, Permanent Position with an awesome team!
Locations (multiple and remote with significant travel required)
Upper Mid-West (IL, MI, IN, OH)
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of quality experts, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery conformance of various launch vehicle subassemblies. As a Field Quality Auditor and Source Inspector, you will be available on-call for Source Inspection requests, gather and review technical and customer PO data pertinent to the Source Inspection request, make arrangements for travel to designated supplier sites, execute dispatch orders for Source Inspections on behalf of the customer, record state changes and findings in the Source Inspection tracking tool to meet “accepted for use”, and “accepted for ship” status, and apply costs and time to charge codes associated with Source Inspection events.
The role is multifunctional with knowledge needed to act as the primary conduit for timely information flow, and to properly and thoroughly communicate Source Inspection work performed, findings identified and documented, Source Inspection event status recorded real-time in Target Process tracking tool, and interface with our Source Inspection Project Manager/Dispatcher.
As an integral member of the Source Inspection team, you will use data to drive product and process improvements, stand as gate-keeper preventing the escape of defective components and sub-assemblies to the customer, and in general serve as a direct feedback loop between design, supply chain, supplier-site fabrication and assembly teams.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment, adaptability, persistence, resourcefulness, engagement with team members, critical thinking skills, and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable human spaceflight.
- Be on-call and ready to travel to manufacturing supplier sites to perform Source Inspections across the US but concentrated in your geographical region with a willingness to travel 75%-100% of the time depending on proximity to supplier site (paid travel time)
- Work under limited supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision-making
- Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
- Act as liaison between supplier and internal Source Inspection Project Manager/Dispatcher
- Validate all required documentation has been completed and provided by the supplier per defined procedures and/or checklists
- Validate supplier provides objective evidence of all required certifications (materials of fabrication, process conformances, etc)
- Validate supplier provides objective evidence of all required test data
- Visually inspect products for workmanship in accordance with governing specifications
- Report non-conformances as major or minor findings and work to remedy offending conditions
- Recommend technical improvements to reduce risk and potential defect opportunities to supplier and Belcan’s Source Inspection Project Manager/Dispatcher
- Help the supplier understand how to improve their processes/procedures and what quality improvements they need to make to be able to consistently produce parts and shipments that conform to customer expectations
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, & courage
- Drive for results and customer satisfaction
- Conduct work in a safe, healthy, and respectable manner in accordance with supplier-specific expectations
- Technical or Business Associates degree
- Ability to read and interpret engineering intent for drawings, procedures, specifications, etc.
- 3+ years of work experience in manufacturing or production environment as a Quality Inspector, Quality Auditor, Field Quality Representative, Manufacturing or Quality Engineer or other related supply chain disciplines
- 2+ years of work experience with Mechanical and Electromechanical device manufacture, test, and inspection.
- Practical experience in one or more of the following: forgings, castings, machined parts, sheet metal fabrications, valves, solenoids, actuators, fluid seals, composite layups, flex-hoses
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (production part approval process, advanced product quality planning, first article inspection reports, etc.)
- Looking for someone that can show suppliers how to do things the right way rather than simply tell them whether it passes or not.
- Experience with Quality Systems (ISO 9000/TS/AS9100/NADCAP, or similar customer derivatives)
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to dynamic environments
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity