Day & Night Shift Machinist
Day & Night Shift Machinist Needed
Day Shift M-R 6:30am- 5pm Plus Friday OT – $19.34
Night Shift M-R 6pm-4:30 am Plus Friday OT -$20.64
Located in COVINGTON, KY
Weekly Perfect Attendance Bonus $.50 for every hour worked, Monthly Safety bonus, and Quarterly Efficiency Bonus
We are seeking experienced Machinist to join our manufacturing team. We specialize in the fabrication of excavation buckets.
The Machinist is responsible for supporting shop floor initiatives including organizing on a daily basis, communicating key actions required to the Cell Team Leader, and deliverables (includes safety, quality, 6S and labor productivity) for the Operations group in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Objectives & Measurement
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Read/interpret blueprints and setup sheets to assure accurate machining and tooling setup
- Read and interpret CNC program readouts
- Perform machine and tooling setups at a high level of efficiency and quality.
- Set tooling for the next job during present job.
- Perform de-burring, inspection, cleaning, skidding, etc. during machine cycle time to maximize machine usage
- Inspect in-process and completed parts per operation sheet setups, part prints, advising the Supervision of defects
- Accurately complete all required data, SPC data, time sheets, quantity of parts, etc
- Produce product or perform work that will meet Weir’s efficiency and quality standards
- Perform daily maintenance (TPM) and housekeeping (6S) for machine and/or work area
- Advise Supervision time discrepancies relative to production rates, casting pattern problems, fabrication problems, potential machine, plant, equipment, and safety problems. Keep Supervision aware of pertinent issues and information warranting their knowledge, action and/or resolution
- Regular and reliable attendance is key to performance of this job
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments
- Train new employees in equipment operation, including 6S, safety related issues involving crane operation and techniques used to operate lifting equipment
- Attend training, safety, employee, and department meetings, as required
Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
The details described here are representative of those that an employee needs to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, setup sheets, and CNC program readouts
- Ability to use and read part measuring equipment
- Must be able to comprehend and edit G and M Code programming
- Sit, talk, hear, and/or use hands to handle and touch objects
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
- The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. Any awkward lifts or lifts above 50 pounds requires a 2-person lift
We take pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equal opportunities for all.
- Applicants must be willing to sign a non-disclosure form
- Completion of a Background Check and medical assessment satisfactory to the company may be required
- All newly hired employees must be eligible to work in US for any employer