Location: Cincinnati, OH
Pay Rate: $35-$40/hr
Does a position with a well known Cincinnati business “flip the switch” on your career search? CraftForce is looking to help you with a new career for the new year with a trusted client.
Installs, inspects, maintains and repairs all electrical facilities and equipment for the properties. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to Manager when necessary and updating Manager on a regular basis.
- Installs new electrical wiring, switchgear, motor controls, over-current protection, lighting, heating devices, motors, branch circuits and other building electrical apparatuses.
- Installs wiring and control equipment for direct digital control and security systems.
- Installs, maintains and repairs building security systems and closed circuit TVs.
- Changes existing location and conditions conforming to national and local electrical codes and local licensing practices.
- Inspects and repairs all electrical equipment, devices and apparatuses.
- Observes all safety regulations and practices.
- Keeps records of time and materials used on projects and work orders.
- Carries out preventive maintenance practices required on electrical equipment.
- Installs and maintains variable speed electronic drive equipment and controls.
- Upgrades and relocates circuitry as needed for building renovations.
- Installs and relocates voice/data wiring as needed.
- Keeps informed of code requirements, changes in procedures and advancements.
- Coordinates and assists with projects involving electrical contractors.
- Performs building system operation duties as required.
- Installs and maintains fire alarm equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven knowledge of building systems and equipment.
- Proven significant experience in installation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Proven experience in installing, maintaining and repairing building security systems and closed circuit TVs.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated experience working independently. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and initiative were demonstrated.
- Proven ability to read and comprehend written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to walk, stand, stoop, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, balance, climb and lift a maximum of 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to work from and use a 40-foot extension ladder, scaffolding and Manlift up to 120 feet in a safe and approved manner.
- Frequent exposure to noise, dirt, odors, temperature extremes and potentially hazardous tools and equipment.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards as well as environmental hazards such as molds and various solvents.
- Works in both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Completion of accredited trade school course or apprenticeship program in electrical wiring and application of electronics and electrical equipment or proven experience in industrial or commercial electrical equipment or electronics.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of basic computer with the ability to retrieve email, send email and access the company’s intranet home page.
- Working knowledge of proprietary applications supporting mechanical systems and services (i.e., Yardi, Circon, Trane Tracer and Trane Summit).
Certifications & Licenses:
- Possesses Journeyman’s license in electrical trade or equivalent.
- Must obtain State Fire Alarm License within one year of hire.
- Possesses required license as required by City or Code Ordinances.
- Ability to obtain Manlift certification up to 120 feet.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory and safe driving record required.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Must be willing to work overtime to complete assigned work.