Pay: $62k- potential for more based on experience
Location: Columbus, OH
Schedule: Full-time, M-F 7:30am-4:00pm -some on call support required on a rotational basis.
Company vehicle provided for travel from work to home.
Are you an experienced residential maintenance technician with a desire to move into a supervisory role? Equally skilled with a computer as you are a hammer? CraftForce has just the spot for you with an established client.
The Field Lead provides people a home by supporting the organization’s efforts to maintain the company’s physical assets, satisfy funder requirements and promote positive public relations by providing optimum customer service to all stakeholders to ensure long-term sustainability of the company’s programs by overseeing field staff operations.
Field Support, Field Tech I, Field Tech II, Field Tech III
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
1. Responsible for scheduling and dispatching of service and ReRent (unit turn) work orders.
2. Responsible for quality of services related to work orders, including required follow up and field audits.
3. Responsible for ensuring company standards and specs are being utilized and implemented.
4. Oversee utilization of warehouse & garage inventory.
5. Responsible for appropriateness of field techs’ credit card usage.
6. Provide technical support for field personnel.
7. Ensure ReRent/Unit Turns are available on time.
8. Implementation and decommission of vacant unit alarm systems.
9. Responsible for vehicle maintenance and service.
10. Provide on call technical support (not field-dispatched) to after-hours on call field techs.
11. Primary “eyes on” assessments and next steps for grounds, maintenance, capital and unit turns.
12. Complete property housing quality inspections.
13. Participate in fielding of initial service requests.
14. Provide support and reporting for company performance measurements.
15. Basic cross training to support departmental employees’ enjoyment of their time off.
16. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent working knowledge of property management, home maintenance or related industry.
2. Ability to engage in problem-solving processes.
3. Must be highly with general computing skills and spread sheet applications.
4. Ability to adapt to new technology.
5. Ability to provide leadership to motivate and manage people.
6. Effective quality of verbal and written communication
7. Detail-oriented and flexible.
8. Possess strong organizational skills.
9. Ability to successfully exercise independent judgment based on technical and detailed knowledge specific to activities and procedures being dealt with.
10. Ability to work independently and as a team player.
11. Ability to set priorities and juggle multiple demands.
12. Ability to work within organizational processes and uphold organizational standards.
13. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
14. Ability to collaborate with coworkers & vendors.
- 1 Year(s) in the Field of I/DD Preferred
- 5 Year(s) in Related field (property management, home maintenance, home remodeling) Required
- Personal Computer Required
- Smart Phone or Tablet Required
- Microsoft Office proficiency Preferred
- Yardi proficiency Preferred
- Verbal/Written Communication Preferred
- Conflict Resolution Preferred
- Interpersonal Preferred Required
- Analytical Preferred Required
- Fork lift operation Required – will train
- Proficient driving large vehicles (up to 28’) Preferred
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Reside in Franklin County
- Hold/Maintain Driver’s License in Good Standing, including company insurance requirements
- Pass company-required background checks and drug testing
- Provide on call support during non-regular working hours
- Work overtime -routinely
- Work a non-standard work week
- Travel locally as needed for job duties
- Work at various locations
- Must be a self-starter
- Prioritize and perform tasks independently with minor direction
- Must be punctual, reliable, groomed & organized
- Must practice safe and neat work habits
- Must be customer-experience focused
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Able to communicate effectively
Able to taste or smell
Possess specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Able to sit for prolonged periods working on a computer or other desk-oriented task
Able to reach with hands and arms regularly
Able to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb and balance
Able to use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, controls and tools (hand and power tools)
Able to lift up to 15 pounds regularly
Able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally
Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds using assist equipment such as a dolly, moving straps and lift gate.
This job does not require repetitive or production rate work. Work sites are scattered sites and time is spent traveling between sites, setting up for and breaking down from site-specific tasks. Average anticipated time per site is less than one hour.
This position requires the incumbent to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
1. Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition
2. Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers
3. Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively. Demonstrates the ability to develop audiovisual presentations to both internal and external audiences.
4. Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one’s own work; and does fair share of work.
5. Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events
6. Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Seeks the continuous improvement of technological business processes and services; explores out-of-the-box methods and is open to experimenting with new ideas; uses data, knowledge, and strategic decision-making to generate new and innovative solutions.