HVAC & Facilities Maintenance – 2nd Shift
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Schedule: 3:30pm-12:00am Monday-Friday, rotating weekends
Pay Rate: $27-$35 BOE
How does a position with a Fortune 500 company sound? Now add in FREE lunch daily. CraftForce is looking to help you start the new year off right with a new career. Hiring immediately so don't delay.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Installs, maintains and repairs heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration systems, control systems and a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in properties. Will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. Responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty and emergency repairs. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making an established range of decisions, escalating to manager when necessary and updating manager on a regular basis. Assists manager and/or SR HVAC Service Technician with estimating equipment replacement and installation cost. Supervises external contractors/vendors as needed.
- Installs, maintains and repairs ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Diagnoses electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Troubleshoots, installs and repairs DDC/Pneumatic Control Systems.
- Repairs commercial appliances, including but not limited to refrigeration units, dishwashers, stoves, washing machines and dryers.
- Works with members of the property management team to complete assigned work order and maintenance tasks.
- Identifies maintenance risks on equipment.
- Cleans, adjusts and repairs systems, and performs warranty services.
- Performs emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Complies with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements
- Assists with preventive maintenance scheduling, equipment history and recordkeeping. Keeps daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Assists in providing technical direction and on-the-job/new hire training.
- Participates in continuing education programs, including manufacturers’ seminars.
- Observes and adheres to all safety regulations and practices, ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Proven working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proven proficiency in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to use trade tools and test equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in soldering tubing, general and control wiring, as well as the use of cutting and welding equipment.
- Proven proficiency in reading schematics/electrical diagrams, mechanical drawings and work plans.
- Proven familiarity with local building and electrical codes.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated experience working independently. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and initiative were demonstrated.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to walk, stand, stoop, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, balance, climb and lift a maximum of 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Frequent exposure to noise, dirt, odors, temperature extremes and potentially hazardous tools and equipment.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trade. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards as well as environmental hazards such as molds and various solvents.
- Works in both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years experience in HVAC, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Working knowledge of basic computer with the ability to retrieve email, send email, access the company’s intranet homepage and access the internet.
- Working knowledge of proprietary applications supporting mechanical systems and services (i.e., Archibus, Circon and Tracer).
Certifications & Licenses
- EPA Refrigerant CFC Certification required.
- HVAC Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory and safe driving record required.
- State boiler’s license preferred.
- Must be able to adjust work schedule to complete assignments. This includes shift work, on-call and weekend work as necessary.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.