HVAC Technician (Commercial)
Position: Commercial HVAC Technician (Commercial Refrigeration)
Location: Job sites throughout Tre-State Cincinnati area
Schedule: 8a-5p M-F (flexible)
Pay: $25-35/hr (based on experience, education, and licenses)
Benefits: Health Insurance (80% employer paid), Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Personal Time, IRA, & Flexible Schedule
If you have commercial HVAC experience and you are motivated by challenges like troubleshooting difficult problems, we might have the job for you. This position will allow you to work by yourself to get things done without someone hovering over you and the ability to manage your schedule as long as the necessary work has been completed. Even though you'll likely be working alone, it is important to be able to effectively build relationships with clients to ensure future maintenance opportunities.
Our Company Focus is:
- To build and maintain extremely strong relationships with employees, vendors, customers, and strategic partners. Our goal is to have such strong relationships that no negative experience could break them.
- To provide a safe, fun, enjoyable workspace where our employees can grow and succeed.
- Achieving sustainable growth through “Best In Industry” practices.
- To create and maintain a culture that exemplifies exceptional professionalism, expertise, customer service, communication, & value in all we do.
- For us to be the first choice for all organizations and individuals we serve and to have our name be synonymous with excellence in all markets we compete.
- To take care and be good Stewarts of and for our community and planet through responsible business.
- To provide best in industry work life balance
The selected candidate(s) will be responsible for all areas of field services repair. The candidate will leave from home or our home office each day and travel from site to site maintaining and repairing equipment, making sure the overall needs of each customer are met, and representing our company in a professional and experienced manner. As a Service Technician, you'll enjoy being the site expert for your customers. The individual will consistently achieve or surpass weekly productivity and service labor revenue goals assigned by management, while maintaining a high level of customer service skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication and testing of commercial food prep equipment, HVAC units, electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting; will work out solutions in the best interest of the customer; will be responsible for vehicle inventory and appearance; will need to satisfactorily complete company schools or
audio/video field training.
Candidate will comply with all applicable company service policies and procedures, maintain frequent contact with the office to receive service assignments, and review service problems with advisor, or manager. Must be available for overtime and on-call schedule.
In order to be qualified for this position, you must have the
- Minimum 2 years of Field Experience with Commercial Refrigeration & cooling repair, maintenance, and installation.
- Must have knowledge of Commercial Air-Conditioning, Heating, & Rooftop Exhaust Systems.
- Must have knowledge of Service & Maintenance of various Commercial Equipment (Walk-in Coolers, Freezers, Reach-in Coolers & Freezers, Ice Machines, Glycol Beer Systems, and Rack Systems, etc.) & HVAC systems
- EPA Type 1 & 2 or Universal Certification.
- Must have your own hand tools.
- Major Tools Provided by us
- Company Work Van provided by us
- The ability to fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Excellent mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude.
- Experience in Food Service and equipment repair or related field is preferred.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Universal EPA Refrigerant Recovery certificate.
- Journeyman’s license preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and able to drive multiple hours per day.
- Able to travel and attend training schools.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Physical Requirements include:
- Lifting 35-75 lbs with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 20 ft. with ladder
- Extensive walking 3-5 miles / day
- Extensive driving 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- Overtime and on call as required