Maintenance Technician III
Maintenance Technician Level 3
3rd shift 11PM – 7:30AM
Pay – $34.56/hr
We are looking for a talented Maintenance Technician to join our team specializing in machining and maintenance in North Charleston, South Carolina.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Troubleshoots, assembles, installs, tests, and maintains mechanical systems using all necessary tools to keep equipment available and capable. Learns and understands the protocols of working safely with electricity and other energy sources with industrial equipment. May work independently and coach others.
• Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
• Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
• Report any work-related injury, illness, incident, or hazard.
• Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
• Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
• Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
• Engage in HSE Training.
• Applies high standards of workmanship and craftsmanship.
• Support equipment uptime and downtime failure analysis.
• Performs work in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring, and testing instruments.
• Provide feedback into the Preventive Maintenance system.
• Follows all process documentation and quality procedures.
• Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
• Performs quality inspections.
• Fully proficient performing troubleshooting, mechanical repairs, and maintenance of equipment.
• Instructs and coaches others and acts as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
• Perform and documents preventive, emergency, corrective and predictive maintenance activities.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping and machine cleaning tasks.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as required to meet production goals.
• Identify and reduce manufacturing constraints.
• Schedule maintenance activities around production requirements
• Solve problems and improve processes.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities.
• Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
• Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
• Participates actively with local Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Controls Safety – Recognizes controls related hazards in a manufacturing environment (Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic) to incorporate safe practices and procedures as part of the daily work plan to reduce injuries and create a safe machine environment.
• Health and Safety Fundamentals – Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting, and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
• Manufacturing Knowledge – Demonstrates the knowledge of manufacturing by correctly implementing changes in current processes, equipment, and applications to meet the function’s needs and contribute towards continuous improvement.
• Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Nimble learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
• Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
• This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
• Requires significant relevant work experience or specialized skills obtained through education, training, or on-the-job experience.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Must be able to work alone with little supervision.
• Understanding of industrial washing and blasting equipment a plus
• Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management software also a plus.
• Basic understanding of electrical principles and troubleshooting methods
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Employer validates right to work using E-Verify. Employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.