Residential Maintenance-Field Technician II
Residential Maintenance Field Technician II
Pay: $19.50-$27.30 BOE
Hours: Full time M-F 7:30am-4:00pm
Location: Columbus, OH
CraftForce is looking to fill a rewarding role with one of our trusted clients. We are currently looking for maintenance professionals who possess a pleasing personality to match their handy man skills. Save gas money with a company provided vehicle and gas card to use from home to work.
- Company vehicle and gas card for all transportation to/from work to home
- Ten (10) PTO days, prorated 1st year and accrued annually.
- Four (4) hours Self Care Time each quarter.
- Three (3) days Sick Time each year, eligible for buyback if not used.
- 11 1/2 days paid holidays
- 403(B) retirement plan with opportunity for company-wide performance-based contributions up to 5% of employee’s salary.
- Company provided uniforms including winter (Carhartt) jackets and boots.
- Earn $30/day, $210 week while on On-call (currently once a month) regardless of any calls taken. Paid 1.5x for all calls from time you leave the house to time you arrive back home.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedule work orders, travel, and supply runs in the most efficient/effective manner possible.
- Complete all work to meet Construction Standards.
- Perform general concrete/masonry duties including but not limited to excavating and grading earth, demolish existing concrete, form and place and finish flush and elevated interior and exterior concrete.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry duties including, but not limited to: conventional wood framing, installation of doors and windows, installation of siding, fascia and soffits (vinyl, wood and/or composite), and installation of casework and interior trim.
- Perform plumbing duties including but not limited to: repairing and/or replacing hot water tanks, replacing shower diverters and sweating copper and fixtures. Operating and maintaining company main drain power snake for clearing the drain from the stack to the main sewer. Make emergency repairs to supply drain and waste vent pipe.
- Perform minor electrical repairs. Including but not limited to: changing light fixtures, changing three way light switches, replacing outlets and relocating new 220 lines. Modify both line and low voltage.
Perform other duties including, but not limited to: installation of insulation and drywall, and installation of hardware and specialty items.
- Prioritize and perform tasks independently with minor direction
- Must be punctual, reliable, groomed, organized, and a self-starter.
Credentials and Experience
1. Prior experience with special needs individuals preferred.
2. Must have prior experience in residential or facilities maintenance or construction.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, crouch and kneel; walk or crawl; lift; bend; push or pull; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and smell.
Job functions require manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools, power tools.
Employee must be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds occasionally. Employee must be capable of lifting 50 pounds on a limited basis. Employee may, on a limited basis lift and/or move up to 75 pounds using assist equipment such as a dolly, moving straps and lift gate.
This job does not require repetitive or production rate work. Work sites are scattered sites and time is spent traveling between sites, setting up for and breaking down from site-specific tasks. Average anticipated time per site is less than one hour.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Pass criminal background check (FBI & BCI) – must supply fingerprints
Driver's license with less than 6 points
This Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.