POSITION TITLE: Electrician Level 1 (Industrial)
Pay: $30-$34.83 DOE
HOURS: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift hours available
LOCATION: Indianapolis, Indiana
CraftForce is offering a unique opportunity to work with one of our recognized clients. This position would be great for anyone with Electrical experience in Industrial or Commercial facilities. The Client offers an extensive benefits package, overtime, 9 Paid Holidays, 401K w/ company match, weekly pay, Attendance and safety bonuses, and many more listed below. Do not pass up this opportunity to work with a great Client. Accepting applicants now! Be one of the first to apply!
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Provides operations and production support through electrical installation and repair.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs new electrical equipment in plant.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, electronic, and pneumatic instrumentation systems using schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
- Performs preventative electrical maintenance.
- Performs electrical installation of new plant equipment and processes, including routing of electrical cable or wire from current power sources.
- Keeps work area neat, clean, and free of debris.
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety and housekeeping programs,
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
III. PRE-HIRE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree in electrical engineering or similar training or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience as an industrial electrician
- Must take skills-based test
- Able to use tools such as meters and voltage testing equipment
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Good interpersonal communications skills; written and verbal
- Able to work any shift
IV. POST-HIRE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Environmental training applicable to the job
- Safety training for applicable equipment
- Job instructional training
- Quality system familiarization
- ISO 14001 awareness, objectives and targets, department significant environmental impacts
- OHSAS 18001 Awareness, OH&S-MS Objectives and Goals, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
IV. OTHER INFORMATION:
- Respiratory Protection Required: Yes[ X ]No[ ]
- Potential for Lead Exposure over PEL: Yes[ X ]No[ ]
- Potential for Inorganic Arsenic Exposure over PEL: Yes[ X ] No[ ]
- Potential for Cadmium Exposure over PEL: Yes[ ]No[ * ]
- Physical Demands of job are: Heavy Duty: Yes[ X ]No[ ]
* If duties require entry to a cadmium controlled area, appropriate respiratory protection must be worn.
SUMMARY OF HOURLY EMPLOYEE BENEFITS, PAYROLL POLICIES, HOLIDAYS, ETC.
- USW Medical
- USW Dental
- Vision – Free for All Employees
- Life AD&D Insurance – $40,000 Basic Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Insurance is fully covered by the Client.
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance will be paid by the employee.
- 401(k) Plan – employee contributions up to 5% of Salary (50% discretionary company match), accompanied by a non-discretionary contribution of 5.5% (i.e. total 8% company contribution) you will be eligible to participate three months after your start date. The company match eligibility begins after six months of service and you become vested after three years of service.
- New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Employee’s Birthday
- Pay Period: Monday -Sunday
- Payday: Thursday (checks are distributed in employee mailboxes on Wednesdays by 3:00 pm but are dated for Thursday). Direct Deposit is posted on midnight of Thursday mornings.
- Clock-in Rounding Policy: There is no rounding for clocking in and out (including lunch). Daily and Weekly hours will reflect the exact amount of time each employee is clocked in for their shift.
PAID TIME OFF POLICIES
Based on the length of employment + hours worked.
Seniority as of January 1
Hours Worked Required
Amount of Vacation
Paid Vacation Time
Less than 6 months
6 months but less than 18 months
18 months but less than 9 years, 6 months
9 years, 6 months
17 years, 6 months
Each employee shall be entitled to four (4) Paid Personal Days each calendar year after one (1) year of employment. Personal Days must be taken during the calendar year. Unused personal days will be paid at the end of the year. Vacation Days will not be paid out.
- Health/Attendance Bonus: Up to $2,850 (pre-tax) over the course of 52-week periods, paid in 13-week increments.
- Monthly Safety Bonus: Plant-wide award of $300 (pre-tax) each calendar month with no lost-time accidents/restricted-duty injuries.
- For qualified Maintenance skilled trade employees with at least one year of continuous service in the maintenance department, the company will reimburse up to One-Hundred Forty Dollars ($140) on a yearly basis.