*Job Title: Quality Engineer*
*Location: Morton, IL*
*Shift: 6:00am- 2:30pm Monday to Friday, occasional Saturday and OT as needed*
*Pay: $40-$43/hr BOE*
Are consistency and quality top priorities in your work? Do you enjoying getting to the “root” of the problem? CraftForce is offering an exciting opportunity with a well respected client if you nodded your head while reading those questions.
Responsible for ensuring all internal and external customer requirements are accurately identified and controls are in place to assure compliance. Lead internal layered process audits. Manage and support the corrective action, root cause analysis processes including continuous improvement projects. Extensive support and interaction with the APQP process and supplier quality management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Engineering, Production, and Purchasing to provide guidance and assure that full consideration for both internal and external customer Quality requirements has been given relative to design, manufacturing processes, purchased items and vendor selection
- Responsible for inspection process of inbound and outbound product
- Coordinate/conduct supplier Quality audits in close cooperation with Purchasing
- Support and coordinate activities with regards to supporting the company’s Quality systems and standards (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001)
- Support and coordinate audits from customers, processes, products, policies, procedures, or programs. Ensure conformance to requirements and timely corrective action.
- Support and enforce the problem-solving process for system deficiencies, defective material, customer complaints and follow up to verify implementation of corrective action.
- Coordinate the execution of successful PPAP submissions customers and suppliers
- Access customer specific web portals for scorecard reviews, data collection, PPAP submissions, rejection notifications etc. or reporting as required
- Visits to customer locations and or suppliers as required
- Coordination and resolution of Customer returns for non-conforming product, as required will work with analysis team, engineering and supply chain to drive RCA and CAPA activities
- Coordination of containment, sort, and or rework activities both internal & external that minimize costs and assure effectiveness, MRB activities
- Assure customer and supplier issues and communications are timely and resolved expediently with robust corrective and preventive actions
- Maintaining and publishing specified customer and plant metrics
- Responsible for the creation, revision and control of the following: Work instructions, PFMEA’s, Control Plans, Gauge Instructions, Inspection Instruction Standard Sheets, Visual Aids. Assure the execution of training on the above items as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Quality Engineering or Engineering position
- Strong knowledge of Metrology, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience with ISO 9001 at a minimum, IATF 16949 preferred, manufacturing environment preferred
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 8D, SPC, PFMEA, Control Plans, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to teach problem solving techniques such as 5 Why Root Cause
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and the Automotive Industry a plus
- Strong communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Able to support, lead and facilitate cross functional teams